Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Westwood To Defend Indonesia Title

World number two Lee Westwood has confirmed he will return to defend his title at the Indonesian Masters held at Royale Jakarta Golf Club next April.

The Englishman claimed a memorable victory in the inaugural edition on the Asian Tour earlier this year which coincided with his 38th birthday and a return to the world's number one position, albeit briefly.

His early confirmation is a huge boost for the Indonesian Masters which is growing immensely following its launch this year. The second edition of the tournament will be held from April 19 to 22, 2012.

"I am delighted to confirm that I will be back to Royale Jakarta to defend my Indonesian Masters presented by PNTS title," said Westwood, who holds 34 international victories in his illustrious career.

"I enjoyed my time in Indonesia earlier this year as it is an amazing place and I managed to play some very good golf to beat a strong Asian Tour field. It will be fun to defend my title as I always enjoy competing in Asia where I have been very successful."

Westwood carded brilliant rounds of 68, 66, 66 and 69 for a 19-under-par 269 winning total at Royale Jakarta to beat Thai star Thongchai Jaidee by three shots. The final round was graced by the presence of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

No comments:

Post a Comment