Friday, June 13, 2014

George “The Horse” Gandranata Seals Second Victory And Hails PGTI

Tangerang, 12 June 2014 - Order of Merit leader, George Gandranata secured his second victory on the Indonesian Golf Tour after completing the 5th event in the series at Padang Golf Modern with a total of 10 under par.

28-year-old Gandranata fired three birdies and one bogey on the front nine and started his back nine with a birdie on the 10th finishing his final round with 10-under-par and a total score of 206. Maan Nasim came in second with a total score of 8-under-par, 208.

“Like I said yesterday, I stuck to the plan. My irons were great and my driver was even better than yesterday. That’s why I managed to hit it close to the pin and make birdies. I played one-under-par yesterday and was happy to keep up the momentum today.”, said George.

George continued: “I’m so grateful for this circuit (Indonesian Golf Tour) thanks to the Professional Golf Tour of Indonesia (PGTI). PGTI is a player’s tour. It was formed and is owned by and for the professional golf players of Indonesia. Thanks to Mr. Irwan (Johanes Dermawan) and PGTI, who helped establish and conceptualize this tour series. We can already see the improvements made by Indonesian Golf Tour. Look to the leaderboard today, scores are increasing and game quality is improving. I know I speak on behalf of all the Touring Professionals of Indonesia when I say that we have been waiting for a regular series of events for us to compete in and the Indonesian Golf Tour is providing us with this platform.”

“It is so sad to the hard work and success of PGTI in creating and convincing investors to fund and establish the Indonesian Golf Tour for us being tarnished by unfounded claims by other organizations that the Indonesian Golf Tour belongs to them. This is wrong and is also not fair. They had nothing to do with establishing the Indonesian Golf Tour and they know this. You cannot claim something that is not yours to claim. Simple as that. We professionals are not happy with this. If their true intention is to improve golf in Indonesia, why don’t they just create their own tournament series instead of trying to claim and disrupt the Indonesian Golf Tour. That way we would have more tournaments to compete in and more chances for us to improve our skill.

Best Male Amateur went to 15-year old Daniel Wirawan from Surabaya who posted a total score of seven-over-par (223). With an eagle on the 13th, 3 birdies and four bogies, Rivani Adelia Sihotang come up as the Best Female Amateur with a total score of 10-under-par (206). Fully supported by her parents, 14-year-old Rivani wants to pave her way to professional level and is certainly ensuring she gets there.

“Thank God for today. I enjoyed my game and I am happy with the results. My putting today was not firm enough. I need to practice. My driver was good although I missed a few fairways today but managed to find a way to get out of it. I can say my family 1000% supports me in golf. For me, I don’t want to just stop here, I don’t want to feel satisfied by my game today. I want to keep practicing and getting better.” Said Rivani Adelia Sihotang.

The Indonesian Golf Tour at Padang Golf Modern is the 5th in a series of twelve 3-day events that are being hosted at selected courses in the greater Jakarta area with each boasting Rp200,000,000 prize purses. The launch of the Indonesian Golf Tour presented by Linc Group is an ambitious new professional golf circuit aimed at speeding the development of Indonesia’s up and coming golfers.
All 13 events earn ranking points for the participating golf professionals and amateurs, setting the stage for the Road to the Indonesian Golf Championship to be hosted at Jakarta Golf Club from December 10th – 13th this year.

The top 30 golf professionals and top 10 amateurs will play for the grand prize purse of Rp500,000,000 with all golf professionals guaranteed winnings in the 4-day tournament as well as the three top professional securing themselves a country exemption spot on the Asian Development Tour for the 2015 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment