Thursday, July 3, 2014

Bowen Secures Second Win In Indonesia At Indonesian Golf Tour At Jababeka Golf & Country Club

Cikarang, July 3rd, 2014 - With a score of seven-under-par (206), James Bowen of USA is the champion of the 6th edition of the Indonesian Golf Tour at Jababeka Golf & Country Club. As a special invite player, James did not waste the opportunity, firing in a 68 and generating 4 birdies in the final round. Bowen kept his position from round two and continued his momentum in the final round to secure his throne in the tournament.

“It's a tricky course. The greens are firm and playing here before during the Linc Group Jakarta Invitational earlier this year definitely helped me with my game plan. I was very patient and didn't make mistakes so that is great. I’m an invited player so I wanted to play well. I wanted to give myself a good chance. I played really well in the final round. I made one bogey today, but I’m quite pleased with my game,” said James.

“Thanks to the Indonesian Golf Tour, the game of golf is growing in Indonesia. A lot of young players are improving. I played with two of the young players today (Joshua Andrew Wirawan and Putra Abhinawa Sahari) and they have a very good game. I’m thankful that I was able to play.” added James.

Chasing closely was Joshua Andrew Wirawan, who came in second with a total score of two-under-par 211. Putting forward his best effort from day one, Joshua played really well to hold his position.

As a come back moment, Rory Hie who finished in 7th position while current Order of Merit leader, George Gandranata had to settle for 11th position.

On the amateur positions, Joeh Se Ik and Rivani Adelia Sihotang again proved their skills on the course and became Best Male and Female Amateur in this event. Joeh Se Ik recorded eight-over-par 217 while Rivani Adelia Sihotang signed-in a total score one-under-par 212.
Joeh Se Ik finished as Best Male Amateur in the Indonesian Golf Tour 6th event. Photo by Andy Rezandi / OB Golf Events

Juriah put up a good a fight on the course by sticking close to Rivani during the final round, but even a Double-bogey on the 3rd hole did not stop Rivani from claiming her victory.

”It was so tense! It feels like you’re in a race, but I made it to the finish line. The course is amazing. It helped me to improve my skills for sure. I learned a lot from this course.” said Rivani.

“I’m happy to be able to win, but I don't want to get cocky. My plan is to become professional and go on the LPGA tour. So glad that now we have the tour (Indonesian Golf Tour). For amateurs such as me, we can gain more experience and skills on this tour. The tour is not only playing on one course, but it moves around so this helps us to learn and read each course's characteristics,” added now 2-time Best Female Amateur champion, Rivani Adelia Sihotang.

No comments:

Post a Comment